As of June 2020, TCBF launched an application process that addresses direct
loss of work because of the pandemic; the lack of work opportunities while theatres and other cultural organizations remain largely closed; and occurrences of catastrophic nature. This means those that could benefit from financial help, everyday living expenses included, are more than welcome to apply.
Click here to download the TCBF Individual Revised 2020 Application
Click here to download the TCBF Theatre Company 2020 Application
For more information or to request an application be mailed to you, you may contact the Theatre Community Benevolent Fund at TCBFBoston@gmail.com.
Highlights of Individual Application
- Applicants can apply once in a 6-month period
- Range of funding is from $500 – $2,500
- Applicants should expect a delay in response of at least five business days
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
- We are now providing funding regardless of proof of lost work or a specific scenario, however we do still ask for a narrative. This means those that could benefit from financial help, everyday living expenses included, are more than welcome to apply
- Please note new guidelines regarding companies are being established. The revised protocols and form will be available by August 1st
Who is eligible to apply?
All theater practitioners, regardless of amount of income from theater work and all operational non-profit organizations of Greater Boston and the surrounding areas are eligible to apply for TCBF funds. It is expected that individual applicants have an established and documented history of theatrical performance, directing, design, writing, production, or administration in Greater Boston and/or the surrounding areas.
What emergencies fall within TCBF funding parameters?
TCBF funds may be applied toward costs associated with, but not necessarily limited to:
- Extreme illness
- Devastating acts of nature such as floods or hurricanes
- Housing emergencies
TCBF funds do not cover costs associated with, but not necessarily limited to:
- Failed business ventures
- Elective medical surgery
- Tuition for classes or academic programs
A review panel comprised of the TCBF Board of Directors assesses all applications. The process is as follows:
- Individuals should fill out the Individual Application form
- Theatre Companies should fill out the Theatre Company Application form
- The panel will assess the full application, and applicants will be notified of the panel’s determination in writing within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the full application form
- Please note that currently applications will be reviewed every other weekly
- If a grant is awarded, the financial assistance, in most cases, will be paid directly to service providers (hospitals, doctors, utilities, mortgage companies, etc.) Grants paid directly to the applicants are disbursed within thirty (30) calendar days of an award determination.
The Theatre Community Benevolent Fund shall not practice discrimination against any applicant for any reason including on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political persuasion or belief, age, or disability.